Makhamisa Foods was founded and owned by Mr. Terence Pokane Leluma, and Phumzile Portia Nkomo, his wife, promises consumers a blend of flavors reminiscent of African heritage.
Makhamisa is also listed with Superspar, Kenilworth, South of Johannesburg. In the future, the company plans to expand its retail reach beyond the shores of South Africa, by supplying retailers and wholesalers, hotels, restaurants, resorts both in and out of South Africa.
We worked with the client to re-define their core values and what they’re all about – “A Taste of Africa”. We brought this to life through a beautiful, elegant and sophisticated website which speaks to their story and experience, while providing the capability to showcase products, recipes, online updates and more.
The design included strategic recommendations A new navigation and sitemap was developed, introducing pages, products, Outlets, and featuring the online store. We were tasked to Take impressive photos to complement the product.
- Improve overall site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and a more frictionless experience
- Create a more user-friendly and more visual product story with improved navigation and filtering
- Implement a search friendly and socially-focused Recipes area to drive user engagement and organic search opportunities
- Build out a user-friendly Store Locator page with integrated geolocation, postal code search, and filtering via the Google Maps API
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by YII Php framework CMS